Sunday, September 5, 2010

Ukraine: Home of the World's Largest Crossword Puzzle

Since many people got a kick out of this when I shared it on my Facebook page, I am going to share it here as well... There is a GIANT crossword puzzle on a 100 ft tall building in Lvov, Ukraine. It spans 19 squares across and 34 squares high! The clues to the puzzle are found around the city in landmarks and attractions. And at night, florescent Cyrillic letters are placed in the windows of the building and lit up to show the answers to the puzzle. I guess I better brush up on my Russian and maybe look up some of Lvov's history before I go visit so I can solve the puzzle!


Image courtesy of this UK's Daily Mail website article.

The above crossword puzzle is not to be confused with the popular 7' x 7' hanging crossword puzzle seen in Sky Mall magazines on airplanes. However, this giant puzzle would be a good Christmas gift :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;