Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Almost there!

My senior design group finished up our final presentation to the Georgia Tech faculty yesterday... what a relief. I pulled almost 3 all nighters in a row to try to run our optimization model successfully with different scenarios, and we had lots of problems getting our network to compile and run correctly.

Now 4 of my group members are headed off to Rome, Italy to present our final presentation to our client, the World Food Programme (WFP) and all we have left is writing our final report by Monday. Our final report will probably be 100+ pages after including all of the appendices. And by we, I mean me because I am doing all the top down editing and writing it so it sounds more cohesive and connected with one voice and writing style. Our last paper, the interim report, got graded down severely for repetitive content and lack of style. But that is just what happens when 8 different people try to write 1 long technical report together.

My stupid dinosaur laptop is being really frustrating, the lcd light bulb behind the screen keeps burning out like every 30 seconds so the screen just shuts off and goes black. So I have to open and close my laptop like every 30 seconds just to get the screen to stay lit up, and its really nonproductive and makes me want to throw the computer out of my window. The good news is that my dad has agreed to get me a new computer (finally!) since I've had this one since my senior year of high school. The bad news is that there are only 2 more weeks left of school so its not worth it to get a new computer before the end of the year. The goal is to get a new computer before I leave for Singapore and my summer studying abroad :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;