Saturday, February 20, 2010

More tests and medical expenses...

I had 3 vials of blood drawn yesterday at our Health Center for the blood tests that are required of the Peace Corps application. Apparently the blood and urine tests have to be done within 6 months of the physical, so my bloodwork from August wasn't enough. Those 3 vials of blood and the related tests cost $117 out of my pocket. Yikes. And then I have go to back next week to get the immunizations for my Bejing/Singapore study abroad and for the PC. Its like $600+ of shots, including Japanese Encephilitis, Typhoid, Tenanus (apparently my last one of those was in '99) and odd things like malaria pills. I also need a Polio booster after age 18? That is so weird, Dr. G had never heard of that so he had to check and see if the Health Center even gave polio booster shots. So yeah, I can't wait to go back to the Health Center next week to get the results of my bloodwork and spend more money on shots :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;